KATANA Safety does not require the App to be open in the background for the technology to deploy. However, for optimal performance we strongly suggest you keep the KATANA App running in the background. While closing the App still allows an alert to trigger, you’re relying on secondary connectivity which may impact both speed of alert and location accuracy.
Articles in this section
- Do the members of my KATANA Safety Circle need to download the app?
- I’m trying to set up the KATANA Safety App and it’s asking me for a code. How do I find my code?
- Is the KATANA Safety App Free? Can I use the app without purchasing the KATANA Safety Arc?
- Does keeping the Katana app running wear out the battery on my phone?
- What else do I need to do to ensure my system is always armed?
- Do I need to keep the Katana app open at all times for Katana to work?